The District must involve parents of Title I, Part A participating children, in jointly developing a written parent involvement plan and in decisions about how it allots to schools the funds the District has reserved for parental involvement activities. The District may choose to use its district-wide parent advisory to provide advice on this and other matters relating to Title I, Part A programs.
[Section 1118(a) (3) (B) and 1118(e) (12), ESEA.]
What is DPAT?
A Parent Advisory Team made up of parents from all Title I schools to help review the District’s Parent Involvement Plan and use of parent involvement funds.
Purpose of DPAT
The purpose of this meeting is to inform parents of the role Title I, gather input from parents to write/revise the District’s Parent Involvement Plan, and discuss the District’s parent involvement funds.
Who should attend or be a part of DPAT?
Any parent with a child in Title I school is invited to attend the meetings and give input.
When are the meetings?
- Fall September 19th 2016 9:00am - 11:00 am in the TItle I Training Room
- Held at the District Title I office. This is a one hour meeting for parents who asked to participate on the DPAT at the spring meeting or who contact the Title I Parent Involvement Coordinator expressing interest in participating.
- Prior to this meeting each DPAT person is mailed a copy of the District’s PIP, a copy of a parent friendly rubric, and an invitation to attend a meeting to revise the plan.
- Spring (March/April)
- Held at six school locations. This is a two hour meeting/parent training. Each school parent involvement contact is asked to attend this meeting and bring a team of two or three parents.
- The District plan is discussed and parents are given a parent friendly survey to gather input as to what they would like to have included and/or revised in the current plan. Parents are also given an opportunity to give input as to how they would like to see the District spend the parent involvement funds at the District level.
For specific information on meeting dates/times/locations;
- Contact the Title I office 534-0777 for information and dates
- Email the Title I Parent Involvement Coordinator
- Ask your school Title I parent involvement contact
- Check the parent page on www.polk-fl.net website
- Call one of the parent centers for more information’
- Complete the parent feedback form on the Federal Programs home page of the www.polk-fl.net website