The All-America Team consists of six students, one chosen from six different geographic regions. The six students earning the distinction will receive a medallion from Herff Jones, Inc. plus a $1,000 scholarship.
2009 All America Team Members
Ryan Collins - Ben Davis High School, Indianapolis, IN
Daniel Cooper - Jesuit High School, New Orleans, LA
Todd Faulkenberry - Dorman High School, Roebuck, SC
Brandon Ranallo - Haileyville High School, Haileyville, OK
Sean Silva - Grand Junction High School, Grand Junction, CO
Audrey Zhang - Cheshire High School, Cheshire, CT
2009 All America Team Regions
View All America Past Members
- The student must be a member of a competing team.
- The student must attend the Awards Banquet, June 16, 2009.
- A Consent & Release form must be completed and on file with the tournament office.
- Coach's ranking
Coaches may use the following criteria in ranking their team members.
- Number of overall questions answered in contest(s) prior to the tournament
- Role as a team player
- Individual statistics, previous recognitions, overall GPA, etc.
- (It is sometimes difficult to choose one student over another; however, it will be necessary for each coach to rank their six team members. We feel that coach recommendations are important in this decision process. Ties in ranking are not permitted!)
- Separate ratings/rankings by three judges per competition, June 14.
- Regional rating by one evaluator per competition, June 14.
- The ratings by judges and regional evaluators will take place on the first day of the competition, this being the only day that all teams compete. Teams are placed into competition by random selection.
- Individual scoring will take place on the first day by the regional evaluators. Because this contest is a team effort, any member of a team may answer questions during competition. Team members will be observed for accuracy of responses, assisting team members, and sportsmanship.
- Final selection of the six All America team members will be made by the committee of regional evaluators.
- The All America Team scholarships are managed by the Polk Education Foundation (863) 534-0803 or FAX (863) 519-3791.