This page is frequently updated!
To see the most current version press F5 on your keyboard to refresh this page.
Stress-Less Every Day
Practice simple techniques to improve your resiliency and enhance well-being! Learn the art and science of becoming Stress-Less! Check back for details.
The New You!!
The Nature of Stress
Stress is an inevitable part of life and has been present in different flavors since the beginning of time. In fact, some stress is essential for survival. Good stress, or eustress, helps us get going. However, chronic accumulation of stressors leads to distress... unhealthy coping mechanisms... and 80% of all illnesses. This page is designed to help employees:
- Understand the nature of stress
- Recognize the negative effects of stress on body and mind
- Learn how to control stress in the short and long term
- Become more resilient against stressors
Contact The Wellness Team by phone 648-3057 or email to schedule a stress management intervention at your worksite (may be as brief as 20 minutes or up to 90 minutes... you choose!)
- Emotional IQ quiz
- Resilience Assessment Worksheet - Renewal/Depletion (2 points)
The Holmes and Rahe Stress Scale
- Score your stress levels
- Determine what action you will take
- Subscribe to the free newsletter
- Balance Wheel Instructions: Look at the wheel. Notice each dimension of being has an axis with a scale from 1 in the center (hub) to 10 at the end. Rate yourself in each area, with 1 as horrible and 10 as superb! Then, connect the dots around the wheel. Is your life balanced? How bumpy is your ride? Which dimension needs the most work at this point in time? List your top three strengths and top three areas of need. Explain how you will use your strengths to improve your areas of need (minimum 250 words - 4 points)
Stress Less Techniques
- Deep Breathing
- Wellness Dimensions
- A Lifefstyle Approach
- Other Tips & Tools