Keyword for this page: Wellness
Welcome to the PCSB Employee Wellness Program
Mission - To improve employee health and well being while reducing risk factors associated with leading causes of death and disability.
Purpose - To promote healthy lifestyles through educational programs that identify health risks and encourage lifelong wellness of mind and body.
BUILDING A HEALTHIER POLK - DETAILS
Please Tell Us What You Need!!
Complete the 2013 PCSB Employee Needs and Interest Survey here by May 31st and be Eligible to Win Prizes!
Many thanks to our community partners for prize donations including Play It Again Sports, Go Organics, BeFly Bike Tours, Cypresswood Golf Course, Diamondback Golf, Aqui Chiropractic Clinic, Massage Envy, Leading Edge Physical Therapy, Heart of Florida Chiropractic, Chain of Lakes Kayaks and more!
Special Community Promotions
Tradewinds Resort - Rated 2012 Trip Advisor Review as the #1 beach destination; by the 2013 Family Magazine as #3 of the top ten St. Pete Beach destinations and as the Sunset Capital of Florida, Polk County School Board Spring/Summer Special
4th Annual Mental Health Matters Month at Joker Marchant Stadium - Friday, May 17th, Lakeland Flying Tigers vs. Daytona Cubs, 6:00pm, Details...
3rd Annual Beat Goes On Health Foodie Fair at The Lake Mirror Complex - May 16th, 5:30 - 7:30pm, Details...
12th Annual Health Fair Recap
HEALTH FAIR SCREENING FOLLOW-UP - "KNOW YOUR NUMBERS" AND GET TWO IN-SERVICE POINTS!
Following your health fair screening and coaching session, set goals to maintain or improve uisng this form, courier to Wellness at Woodlake, Route D, and get two in-service points (posted in June, 2013)
The Haines City Health Fair Recap, April 20, 2013
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE RANDOM PRIZE WINNERS!!
- Scavenger Hunt - Norma Gardner from Snively Elementary won 4 tickets to Fantasy of Flight!
- Health Screening - Lorenzo Robinson from Crystal Lake Middle won the bike donated by Florida Blue!
- Health Screening - Donald Gaull from McLaughlin Middle won the $250 Walmart gift card donated by Better Bladder!
- Wellness Table - Lisa Bamberg from Auburndale Central Elementary won 2 Life Coaching sessions with Mona El Alaoui from Life Skills Resource Group
The Lakeland Health Fair Recap, March 9, 2013
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE RANDOM PRIZE WINNERS!!
- Scavenger Hunt - Janice Fields from Support Services won tickets to the Orlando Magic!
- Health Screening - Kelly Wilks from Loughman Oaks won a new bike donated by Florida Blue!
- Health Screening - Patti Winniczuk from Winter Haven Senior won a $250 gift card to WalMart donated by Better Bladder!
- Wellness Table - Heather Conley from Crystal Lake Elementary won a $50 gift card to the Red Door Restaurant for guessing the number of sugar grams in the M&M jar!
- Health Screening (combined locations) - Jackie Bryan from Bartow Airbase won the Tradewinds Vacation Package on St. Pete Beach
- Evaluation (combined locations) - Nancy Lester from Elbert Elementary won the bike from Road & Trail
Many Thanks to Our Sponsors!
Title Sponsors - Better
Bladder and Florida Blue
Gold Sponsors - City of Haines City, My Natures Delight and Bond Clinic
Silver Sponsors - Watson Clinic, Women's Care Florida, Sam's, Express Scripts
Bronze Sponsors - Publix, CPS Investments, Foot and Ankle Associates, LifeScan
PCSB Wellness Program Awards, Recognitions and Staff
2013 Directors of Health Promotion and Education (DHPE) Gold Award
One of three school districts recognized nationwide for excellence in planning and implementing school employee
wellness programs that promote employee health and lead to improved productivity
and lower health care costs - recipient of $1,000 grant, Details
2012 American Heart Association Gold Fit-Friendly Worksite Award
2012 American Heart Association Community Innovation Award
2012 Florida Healthy School District Silver Award
2009 Directors of Health Promotion and Education (DHPE) Gold Award
2009 Florida Healthy School District
- Coordinated School Health
- One of six districts in Florida to receive the SILVER award
- Polk’s School Nutrition & Wellness received highest recognition in Florida
2008 CDC/DOH Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention 5-Year Grant Awarded
2005 NCQA Leadership Series: Focus on Diabetes publication
2005 NCQA Quality Initiative: ABCs of Diabetes
2004 Florida Health Care Coalition: Corporate Leadership Award: ABCs of Diabetes
Nominated by FDOH & FDOE
- 2006 State Stroke Prevention Program
- 2006 Secretary's Innovation in Prevention Award
View page 17 of The Core, February, 2013
- Debbie Zimmerman, MBA, Wellness Manager, email@example.com
- Jan Calder, MS, CPT, ACSM, CTTS, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anna DeCaria, M.Ed., CHES, CPT, email@example.com
- Jennifer Patzkowsky,
MS, RD/LDN, dietitian, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elizabeth Serdynski, Wellness Clerk Specialist, email@example.com
- Allison Sullins, RD/LDN, dietitian, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Larry Hild, Office Systems Specialist, email@example.com
3425 New Jersey Road • Lakeland, FL 33803 • (863) 648-3057
- Insurance, flu shot, clinic questions, contact Risk Management at (863) 519-3858
- Florida Blue screenings, contact the Wellness Program at (863)
View more information by visiting the Wellness District Info page...