This page is frequently updated!
Please press F5 on your keyboard to refresh this page.
Colorectal Cancer Campaign
Join the COLORECTAL CANCER PREVENTION CAMPAIGN! Reduce your risks for this preventable disease and be entered to win an iPad!
- The Florida Department of Health (FDOH) and the Colorectal Cancer Action Network are pleased to present all organizations in Florida with an opportunity to participate in the Colorectal Cancer Prevention Campaign. The web-based campaign is designed to provide important education to the individual participant, aggregate information to the organization and data for FDOH. Complete the campaign by May 31st and be entered into a drawing to win an iPad. Organizations that meet their participation goal are entered in a drawing for $1,000 in rewards - but hurry, only the first 25 teams to commit are eligible for those rewards!
- Campaign flyer
- Complete the survey by May 31st and be entered to win an iPad that will be given away in June! Go to FLColorectalCancerCampaign.com and click the GET STARTED button to create your profile. (TEAM: Polk County Schools,TEAM CODE: polk)
One in 20 will be diagnosed with colorectal cancer in their lifetime! 90% of these deaths can be prevented with lifestyle changes and preventive screenings. (See below for important colorectal screening details. For more, contact Wellness at 648-3057)
In-Network Surgical Centers for colonoscopies at no cost to PCSB Health Plan members: (Age restrictions apply: 50 or above/40 and above where colon cancer was present in nuclear family)
- Day Surgery Center - 2400 Dundee Road, Winter Haven, Phone: 863.293.8471
- Winter Haven Ambulatory Surgical Center - 325 Avenue B NW, Winter Haven, Phone: 863.291.4000
- Lakeland Surgical & Diagnostic Center - 1315 N Florida Ave, Lakeland, Phone: 863.683.2268
- Celebration Surgery Center, LLC - 410 Celebration Place, #408, Kissimmee, FL (View Map), Phone: 321.939.1481
3-D digital mammograms will be available on the bus at the 2015 Employee Health Fairs:
- April 25th in Lakeland
- October 24th in Haines City
Appointments are required and can be made at the Tampa Bay Mobile Mammography website registration link. Simple choose your location from the drop down box.
PCSB employees enrolled in the School Board health plan are eligible to receive annual mammograms at no cost at participating providers.
- Employees who have been recently diagnosed with breast cancer can receive a complementary book entitled, Cancer for Two, while supplies last. The book is an inspiring true story and guide for cancer patients and their partners, written by Dave Balch. If you would like to request a copy, please email the Wellness Team.
- Skin Cancer Screening guidelines as listed by the American Cancer Society suggest preliminary screening to be started at age 21, every 3 years thereafter and annually after age 35