THIS PAGE IS FREQUENTLY UPDATED! PLEASE PRESS F5 ON YOUR KEYBOARD TO REFRESH THE PAGE!
Mammogram Screenings are covered as part of the Board sponsored health plan. The convenience of onsite screening saves time for our employees and is less disruptive to the classroom because the teacher is not required to leave campus. Service is provided by Lakeland Regional Cancer Center.
March is Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month - Treatable, Preventable, Beatable! More....
In-Network Surgical Centers for colonoscopies at no cost to PCSB Health Plan members: (Age restrictions apply: 50 or above/40 and above where colon cancer was present in nuclear family)
- Day Surgery Center - 2400 Dundee Road, Winter Haven, Phone: 863.293.8471
- Winter Haven Ambulatory Surgical Center - 325 Avenue B NW, Winter Haven, Phone: 863.291.4000
- Lakeland Surgical & Diagnostic Center - 1315 N Florida Ave, Lakeland, Phone:863.683.2268
- Celebration Surgery Center, LLC - 410 Celebration Place, #408, Kissimmee, FL (View Map), Phone: 321.939.1481
The Moffitt Cancer Center is recruiting participants for a colorectal cancer study to reduce the excess burden of colorectal cancer in black men and women. Details:
- Employees who have been recently diagnosed with breast cancer can receive a complementary book entitled, Cancer for Two, while supplies last. The book is an inspiring true story and guide for cancer patients and their partners, written by Dave Balch. If you would like to request a copy, please email the Wellness Team.
- Skin Cancer Screening guidelines as listed by the American Cancer Society suggest preliminary screening to be started at age 21, every 3 years thereafter and annually after age 35