Availability and Conduct
Bus schedules are available at your school. Students entering the district after the school year begins should contact Transportation Services at 863-534–7300.
The Code of Student Conduct handbook outlines the rights and responsibilities of the School Board and students with regard to the conduct of students while attending school or a school-sponsored activity, while on school property or a school bus, or at a designated school bus stop.
Rules for Riding the Bus
Polk County children are our most treasured assets. We strive to provide the safest transportation possible. We appreciate your cooperation, help and support. It would be a big help if you could take just a few minutes and review the following rules with your child and also the importance of following these rules.
- Stand off roadway while awaiting bus.
- The emergency door must not be tampered with and must not be used for ordinary boarding and alighting.
- Keep arms and head inside windows.
- Wait for the driver's signal before crossing. Cross the roadway 3 or 4 steps in front of the bus.
- Please do not move within the bus while it is in motion.
- Outside of ordinary conversation, classroom conduct is to be observed.
- The driver and/or attendant are in full charge of bus and pupils. Pupils must obey driver and/or attendant.
- The driver and/or attendant have the right to assign pupils certain seats if necessary to promote order on bus.
- No eating, drinking or smoking allowed on bus.
- Pupils must be on time; ten minutes before bus is scheduled. The bus cannot wait for those who are tardy.
- Animals, pets, etc. are not allowed on bus.
- Students are to be absolutely quiet at railroad crossings.
- When you get up on a school day and the fog is thick; be sure to listen to the radio for any information regarding the school bus schedule. If no definite information is given by radio, go to your bus stop as usual and wait for the bus to arrive. While waiting for the bus, be very careful to stay away from the edge of the pavement to avoid being hit by a motorist who drives carelessly when conditions are unsafe. The bus will make the run even though it may not be on schedule.
- Remind your child to move away from the bus as soon as they disembark, never crawl under the bus for any reason.
- Students are entitled to bus Transportation from/to the closest stop located nearest their residence only.
- You may visit our website at www.polk-fl.net keyword: bus delay to see if your child’s bus is delayed for any reason.
Any student, who does not abide by the rules stated above, will be disciplined and may be suspended from the bus. RIDING A SCHOOL BUS IS A PRIVILEGE, NOT A RIGHT.
Your child will be required to participate in two SCHOOL BUS EMERGENCY EVACUATION DRILLS during the school year. This complies with STATE and FEDERAL LAWS. If you have any physical or medical reasons for not participating in EMERGENCY EVACUATION DRILLS, please notify the bus driver.
View a printable version of Rules for Riding the School Bus
Bus Related Forms