Keyword for this page: COLTS
Community of Learning Transportation Services (COLTS)
The Polk County School Board has made it possible for all public school “high school” students in our county to use public transportation at NO COST, Monday through Friday. All students need is the COLTS hole-punch, completed by their school administrator, on their student ID badge. The student can then ride any standard transit bus in Polk County, whenever and wherever the buses are running. Saturday bus service does require a fee.
Parent Permission Form
Download the Videos
Right click on the links below and choose Save Link As... to download the files to your computer.
Colts Parent Video
Colts Student Video
Never used public transit? Here's all you need to know:
- Each bus route has a unique schedule. You must know when the bus will be passing your location so as not to miss your ride.
- Time schedule information is available on the ridecitrus.com website under the Routes and Services. Each route has a printable map with time points.
- Routing information is available on FindMyRoutes.com. Put in your starting address and the service will tell you the closest bus stop to your location. QR codes for FindMyRoutes.com are on over 1500 bus stops throughout the County.
- Check out Google Transit. It will give you complete route information. It’s one stop shopping.
- Be Smart! Know where your bus will be and when it will be there before you head out the door. Map out your return trip. Consider when the last bus comes and, if you need to transfer, allow time to connect.
- Buses run Monday through Saturday. (REMEMBER, Saturday requires a FEE.) Route times and frequency may be different on a weekday than a Saturday, so please refer to your guide.
- Bus etiquette includes common courtesy to other riders, Rules of the Road are listed on www.ridecitrus.com under the How to Ride/Fares tab.