PCSB Employee Preregistration for Preschool Programs is Now Open
Polk County Schools Preschool Programs is now accepting requests for applications for 3-4 year old children of School Board Employees for the 2013-2014 school year.
We offer high quality kindergarten readiness programs throughout the district. Check our Readiness Rate Scores!
We have Full School Day programs, as well as several 3-hour Free VPK programs. We are surveying additional schools to determine the need for our services.
There are no registration or supply fees! You only pay for the days schools are open! Payments are automatically deducted from School Board Employees’ checks at the end of the month. We also accept subsidized funding for those of you who have funding through the Early Learning Coalition.
For more information concerning locations or how to pre-register, email: email@example.com
The Polk Preschool Programs are built on the premise that every family, regardless of economic status, needs support. Given that support, every member of the family can grow. Together the family members will gain confidence in themselves as individuals and as a family unit. And it works!
Choosing an early education program for your child is one of the most important decisions you will make as a parent. We understand how important it is to you and your family that you have the information you need to make an informed decision.
Do you want your child to…
- Learn to make good choices and decisions?
- Develop good listening, speaking skills?
- Enjoy learning?
- Read for enjoyment and for information?
- Discover ways to work out math problems?
- Get along with others?
- Love school?
Polk County Schools’ Preschool Programs are dedicated to providing a classroom that addresses your child’s developmental and educational needs. Check us out.
This is what you will see:
- Low Ratios - at least 2 credentialed instructors for each group of 18 or less
- High Qualifications - Preschool program staff members hold CDA, Associate, Bachelor or Master Degrees
- Student Selected and Teacher Directed Activities - consistent daily routines provide opportunities for instruction and exploration
- Ongoing Interaction - teachers support socialization and language growth by use of research based conversational techniques with children
- Constant Supervision - good health and safety habits are promoted Low Staff Turnover
- High Program Standards - Polk County Schools is proud to announce that 34 PreK School Readiness schools are nationally accredited by the National Accreditation Commission.
Early Childhood Program Philosophy
Quality early childhood programs provide a safe and nurturing environment that promotes the physical, social, emotional and cognitive development of young children while responding to the needs of the families.
Developmentally appropriate preschool programs make a significant difference in the ability to learn. Thus, we accept the responsibility to provide a program in which:
- Children construct their own knowledge as a result of interaction between their thoughts and experiences with materials, ideas and people.
- The curriculum and classroom adult’s interactions with children and parents are responsive to individual needs.
- Children will develop language ability necessary to enable them to master the skills of future education and life experiences.
- Care is taken to coordinate every early childhood program in order to ensure an overall quality program.
Our Preschool Programs
Polk County Schools provides five different programs for children under kindergarten age. Each program has eligibility requirements which are unique to that program.
Click here to download a brochure outlining the programs we offer.
For More Information:
Is your child ready for Kindergarten?
About the Kindergarten Readiness Checklist
- The checklist is designed to help you prepare your child for school.
- The checklist is designed to help you look at your child’s physical, social, emotional and cognitive development.
- The checklist includes tips to help guide you as you work and play with your child.
- The checklist contains items that are important to your child’s success in kindergarten. It is designed for four and five year olds.
- The criteria for many items on the checklist should not be applied to children three years old or younger.
- If, after completing the checklist, you have significant concerns about your child being successful in kindergarten, you may wish to call CHILD FIND, (863) 647-4262.
- The checklist is designed as a guideline only.
Before you begin, remember:
- You are your child’s first and most important teacher.
- Every day your child is learning as you talk, play and work together.
- Readiness is a combination of age, individual growth and experience.
- Your child will develop at his or her own rate; however, your involvement will promote readiness.
- Your child will learn by doing.
- Remember that play is an essential part of learning.
- Your child learns best when he or she is involved in activities that are interesting and fun.
View the Kindergarten Readiness Checklist
Additional information concerning Polk County’s other child care programs is available through: