Hiring Update: At this time, there is a freeze on hiring Substitute Teachers, Paraprofessionals and Secretaries for the 2012-13 school year.
Reminder: You must work 1 day within 90 days to remain on the current substitute list. If you are an active substitute at the end of the school year, you have reasonable assurance for continued employment the next school year.
Polk County has the pleasure of announcing that we are going to be using an automated service that greatly simplifies and streamlines the process of recording and managing absences and finding substitutes. This service is called Aesop. The Aesop service will be available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be accessed via the internet or telephone. View the Aesop webpage here.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old
- High School Diploma or
- Applicants must possess at least 30 semester hours college credit from either a regionally accredited or Florida Department of Education recognized post secondary institution.
Note: An official transcript must be provided to substantiate the credits/degree awarded. If you applied to the Department of Education and submitted a transcript, you may not be required to provide a transcript to the School Board.
Follow the Pre-employment steps below:
- Submit On-line Employment Application (all applicants)
- Achieve nomination as a substitute teacher candidate by the Substitute Teacher Office via request from an administrator
- Complete Pre-employment Requirements (Once nominated as a substitute teacher, the employment system will generate emails regarding the following Pre-employment Requirements):
Read Substitute Teacher Handbook
Complete the on-line Sub Hub Training (if applicable)
- Pre-employment Paperwork – A link to the paperwork is included in the email with instructions to print, complete and bring to District Substitute Office prior to the pre-screening appointment (W-4 will be given to candidate at the District Substitute Office)
- Payment of the $100 non-refundable fee by credit card (website will be provided in the nomination email) or bring a money order to the District Substitute Office prior to the Pre-employment Screening appointment payable to the School Board of Polk County
- Pre-employment Screening Appointment (If appointment must be rescheduled, please call (863) 534-0414.)
- New Employee Orientation (NEO) – A link is included in the email
- Fingerprint/Drug Testing & Sub Hub Training Fee Matrix Substitute Candidate On-Line Training,Orientation, Matrix
Complete the Pre-employment steps within 30 days of nomination or candidacy will be withdrawn.
Receive email notification that the candidate is cleared to begin work as a substitute teacher (When the candidate completes all of the above requirements, the candidate will receive an email with the following information):
- When the candidate completes all Pre-employment Requirements, an email will be sent to the candidate with the Sub Hub access information. Once the candidate completes the Sub Hub Training, he/she must provide this information to the Substitute Teacher Office.
- Candidates who hold or are eligible to hold a valid Florida Professional Certificate are exempt from the Sub-Hub training.
- Access ID and PIN number for the Aesop substitute calling system (You must keep your telephone number up-to-date by submitting the Sub Personal Data Change Form available on the Substitute web site.)
- Instructions to access the District email system
To Become a Substitute Paraeducator & Secretary
Thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute paraeducator and substitute secretary for the Polk County School District. To meet minimum qualifications:
- All applicants must be at least 18 years old
- Earned a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Follow the steps below:
- Submit an On-line Employment Application.
- Follow steps 2-5 as detailed in the Substitute Teacher section above.
Regrettably, as a result of staff reduction, the District HR Division no longer has staff to provide customized services in the area of substitute teacher placement. You will need to access the Aesop Substitute Calling System to review substitute openings. If you chose certain schools to substitute (preferred school list) and cannot find a substitute opening, you may need to add schools to your preferred school list.
Address or Telephone Changes
Please log in to https://www.mypolkschools.net to change your address and/or telephone number. The changes will be reflected in SAP and Aesop within 24 to 48 hours after submission.
Accessing Your District E-mail Account
Visit webmail.polk-fl.net (links may also be found on the district website: www.polk-fl.net). Type full email address and password > click the Log On Button. Email: email@example.com Password: PCSB-last 4 digits of Social Security Number. If you need assistance to access your email account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 863-519-8040.
Instructions for changing or resetting your password.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. Please include your Applicant Reference Number (ARN) or SAP#. You will receive a response within 24 hours.