You must use Chrome as your Browser to complete the online application.
There are five simple steps to apply for employment in Polk County:
- Create Your Account
- Activate Your Account
- Complete Your Application
- Submit Your Application
- Once you have registered as an applicant, you can browse job vacancies. Follow the on-screen instructions to express an interest in a position.
Watching these tutorial videos will help you avoid problems later:
Tutorial for First-Time Users who are Non-Employees
Tutorial for First-Time Users who are Employees
Tutorial for Returning Applicants
You should know a few things before you begin...
- A valid email address is required to complete the application.
- Be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org as a safe sender in your email system before you begin! Some email providers send our messages to your SPAM folder, so be sure to check there.
- You will be required to supply a valid Social Security Number.
- You must be legally allowed to work in the United States. If you are not, see these resources:
- During the online application process, you will be assigned a reference number. This is your Polk County Schools application number.
- For security reasons, after 15 minutes, if you have not made an entry on the application, you will be disconnected from our system and will have to log in again.
- Our website uses standard encryption provided by Thawte Corporation to secure the data you transmit to us via the Internet.
- This is the industry-standard best practice for protecting Internet transmissions.
- Your application is password protected, but it is your responsibility to ensure your password is complex enough so that it cannot be guessed.
Please gather the following information to complete the online application.
- Personal Data
Work Experience within the last 10 years
- High School and Colleges/Universities attended along with their city, state, and dates of attendance.
Criminal History documentation
Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references.
- Supply the name, city, state, immediate supervisor, phone number and years employed.
- References cannot be family or close friends, however, can be previous employers or community leaders, clergy, etc.
Instructional applicants will also need the following:
- Florida-issued teaching certificates (of any type)
- Florida-issued Statement/s of Status of Eligibility
- Florida Teacher Certification Exams passed and the date of completion
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you do not currently hold a Florida certificate for full-time teaching, or a Statement of Status of Eligibility, complete an online application with the
State Bureau of Educator Certification for Florida Certification at http://www.fldoe.org/edcert/apply.asp.
- (Out-of-State Applicants) Florida offers reciprocity with most states. Be sure to submit a copy of your valid, standard, out-of-state certificate to the Florida Department of Education.
- Write your social security number on the copy of the certificate you send to the State Certification Office.
- Polk County requires submission of official transcripts for Master’s and/or higher degrees (only).
Notice Regarding Collection of Social Security Numbers
The Polk County Public Schools collects your Social Security number for the following purposes: identification and verification, employment qualification, tax reporting, benefits and retirement processing, unemployment compensation, and state reporting to the Department of Education. Social Security numbers are also used as a unique numeric identification within some of our systems and may be used for search purposes.
The School Board of Polk County, Florida, prohibits any and all forms of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender, marital status, disability, genetic information, or other basis prohibited by law in any of its programs, services, activities or employment practices. The Board will provide equal access to its facilities to the Boy Scouts and other identified Title 36 patriotic youth groups as required within 34 C.F.R. 108.9.
To file concerns, you may contact the Equity & Compliance Analyst in Human Resource Services at (863) 534-0513 or P.O. Box 391 Bartow, Florida 33831.
The School Board of Polk County, Florida, Policies 1122, 2260, 3122 and 4122, Florida Educational Equity Act, Section 1000.05, F.S., Rule 6A‐19.000 through 6A‐19.010, FAC, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504, Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 as amended, Vocational Guidelines, Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, Title IX and Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act 34 C.F.R. 108.9.
How To Request Accommodations
If you require any type of accommodation to complete the application process due to a disability, please call the Office of Equity and Compliance in the Human Resource Services Division at (863) 534-0781. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, please contact the Polk County School District by calling the Florida Relay Service at 1-800-955-8771.
Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, sets forth certain requirements for public employers to accord preferences, in appointment, retention and promotion, to certain veterans and spouses of veterans who are Florida residents. All Veterans requesting Veteran’s preference must complete the form below titled, “Veteran’s Preference” and submit it, along with additional documentation such as DD Form 214, to the hiring administrator for each position for which s/he applies. Veterans Preference Form
Ready to Apply?
STOP! You must use Google Chrome as your Browser to complete the online application!
Access the Application here!