There are five simple steps to apply for employment in Polk County:
- Create Your Account
- Activate Your Account
- Log In
- Complete Your Application
- Submit Your Application
Watching these tutorial videos will help you avoid problems later:
Tutorial for First-Time Users who are Non-Employees
Tutorial for First-Time Users who are Employees
Tutorial for Returning Applicants
Once you have registered as an applicant, you can view the current job vacancies. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to express interest in particular vacancies.
You should know a few things before you begin...
- A valid email address is required to complete the application.
- Be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org as a safe sender in your email system before you begin! Some email providers send our messages to your SPAM folder, so be sure to check there.
- You will be required to supply a valid Social Security Number.
- You must be legally allowed to work in the United States. If you are not, see these resources:
- During the online application process, you will be assigned a reference number. This is your Polk County Schools application number. Please record and store this number in a safe and accessible place for future reference.
- For security reasons, after 15 minutes, if you have not made an entry on the application, you will be disconnected from our system and will have to log in again.
- Our website uses standard encryption provided by Thawte Corporation to secure the data you transmit to us via the Internet. This is the industry-standard best practice for protecting Internet transmissions. Your application is password protected, but it is your responsibility to ensure your password is complex enough so that it cannot be guessed. Furthermore, you should not share your password with anyone.
Please gather the following information to complete the online application.
- Personal Data
Work Experience within the last 10 years
- High School and Colleges/Universities attended along with their city, state, and dates of attendance.
Criminal History documentation
Names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references.
- Supply the name, city, state, immediate supervisor, phone number and years employed.
- References cannot be family or close friends, however, can be previous employers or community leaders, clergy, etc.
Instructional applicants will need the following:
- Any Florida-issued teaching certificates you may possess (of any type).
- Any Florida-issued Statements of Status of Eligibility that deem you eligible for a Florida teaching certificate.
- Any Florida Teacher Certification Exams passed and the date of completion. (To obtain a list of FTCEs you have attempted, visit the testing website at www.fl.nesinc.com. Click register now, then login with your email address and password. Click Create Account if you haven't established an account. There is no charge to create an account.)
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you do not currently hold a Florida certificate for full-time teaching, or a Statement of Status of Eligibility, complete an online application with the
State Bureau of Educator Certification for Florida Certification at http://www.fldoe.org/edcert/apply.asp.
- Florida offers reciprocity with most states. Be sure to submit a copy of your valid, standard, out-of-state certificate if you are applying as an out-of-state applicant.
- Write your social security number on the copy of the certificate you send to the State Certification Office.
- Polk County requires submission of official transcripts for Master’s and/or higher degrees. If you are applying for State Certification, Polk County does not require your official Bachelor’s degree transcript.
Notice Regarding Collection of Social Security Numbers
The Polk County Public Schools collects your Social Security number for the following purposes: identification and verification, employment qualification, tax reporting, benefits and retirement processing, unemployment compensation, and state reporting to the Department of Education. Social Security numbers are also used as a unique numeric identification within some of our systems and may be used for search purposes.
The School Board of Polk County, Florida, prohibits any and all forms of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, age, homelessness, or disability or other basis prohibited by law in any of its programs, services, activities or employment. To file concerns, you may contact the Office of Equity and Compliance in the Human Resource Services Division at (863) 534-0781.
How To Request Accommodations
If you require any type of accommodation to complete the application process due to a disability, please call the Office of Equity and Compliance in the Human Resource Services Division at (863) 534-0781. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, please contact the Polk County School District by calling the Florida Relay Service at 1-800-955-8771.
Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, sets forth certain requirements for public employers to accord preferences, in appointment, retention and promotion, to certain veterans and spouses of veterans who are Florida residents. All Veterans requesting Veteran’s preference must complete the form below titled, “Veteran’s Preference” and submit it, along with additional documentation such as DD Form 214, to the hiring administrator for each position for which s/he applies. Veterans Preference Form
Ready to Apply?
Access the Application here!