Polk Virtual Education Summer Learning
Polk Virtual Education Department is accepting résumés for part-time/adjunct instructor positions for its 2014 summer session. The purpose of this summer session will be to offer ½ credit courses to this year’s juniors (graduating class of 2015) in order to meet the standard diploma requirement that an online course be successfully completed.
For each of the courses we are offering, we anticipate needing multiple teachers:
- Personal Fitness (meets two graduation requirements) (15013000)
- Fitness Lifestyle Design (meets two graduation requirements) (15013100)
- Personal and Family Finance (85001200)
- Parenting Skills (85003000)
- Reading for College Success (10083500)
- Life Management Skills (08003000)
- United States Government (regular or honors) (21063100, 21063200)
- Economics with Financial Literacy (regular or honors) (21023350, 21023450)
- Training: Online evening sessions for new virtual instructors (mandatory one-time requirement)
- Dates: June 9-August 1, 2014
- Pay: Calculated is calculated on completed courses. Formula for pay for completers will be: adult school rate x 7 x number of completers. Withdrawn students (WNG, WF, WP), along with supporting contact logs in the first 3 weeks are not completers and will earn the teacher $75 each.
- report to brick and mortar schools per schedule to support student learning
- contact parents of failing/non-working students weekly
- be assigned to work from the virtual leaning center or from home on days they are not assigned to a brick and mortar school
Positions may not be filled unless a sufficient number of student requests are received. To be considered for a position, teachers must:
- currently be employed full-time with the Polk County School Board.
- have completed all aspects of the first-year-teacher program
- be experienced in the use of Outlook, Microsoft Office, and the Internet
- have strong written and oral communication skills
- meet highly qualified status in field of instruction
- be in compliance with ESOL requirements
For information about virtual instructor expectations, please visit Teaching with Polk Virtual School.
To apply, complete the following by May 16, 2014: