Keyword for this page: IST
Dr. Tina Barrios
863-519-7600, Ext. 400
863-519-7600, Ext. 401
This Division is located at the District Office, with the exception of Electronic Equipment Repair Services, Instructional Television and School Technology Services which is located at the Jim Miles Professional Development Center.
The Mission of the IST Division
- support all school board employees and students in their use of technology
- communicate and collaborate with all stakeholders
- explore future system enhancements in hardware, software and applications
- install, repair, network and provide interoperability for all systems
- provide opportunities for training at all levels
- comply with national, state and district guidelines and policies
- act as a clearinghouse of information on all issues relating to technology
- develop support documents and applications for users
- plan for technological expansion, purchases and upgrades
- monitor access and security in all systems
- ensure appropriate access to hardware, software and networking for all employees and students
- to provide instruction to foster competence in information literacy and to stimulate interest in reading and viewing information beyond the classroom
- to ensure that all members of schools and communities are effective users of ideas and information as presented in ever changing formats
Information for BYOD Implementation
- Student & Parent Permission Form
- Frequently Asked Questions for BYOD
- Information on Online Moodle Module for BYOD Strategies
- Best Practices for BYOD Implementation
Polk Schools Mobile App
Polk Schools App is the official Polk County Public Schools, FL mobile application that is available for your iPhone, iPod, and Android device! The Polk Schools App provides you with access to district news and events, schools, a staff directory, web-based Portals, and links to the most sought after information for the District. More info...
Technology Usage in Polk County Schools
This series of videos presents an overview of how technology is used in schools throughout our district. Click the play button below to start, or choose a video from the list on the left.
Pinnacle Parent Internet Viewer
This real-time software technology allows parents/guardians and students to access student information directly from the teacher’s records. All students have a unique ID number and requesting legal parents/guardians will be issued a PIN code for accessing the current classroom information.
District Contact: Glenn Edenfield
Click here to view our list of community centers.