Welcome to the 2017-2018 School Year!
Loughman Oaks Elementary
4600 US Highway 17 92 N, Davenport, 33837 : Monday - Friday 3pm-5:30pm
Polk City Elementary
125 S. Bougainvillea Avenue, Polk City, 33868 : Monday-Friday 3pm-5:30pm
Lewis-Anna Woodbury Elementary
610 Charleston Ave, Fort Meade, 33841 : Monday-Friday 3pm-5:30pm
2500 Havendale Blvd. NW, Winter Haven, 33881 : Monday-Thursday 2:45pm-5:45pm
Lake Marion Creek MIddle
3055 Lake Marion Creek Drive, Poinciana, 34759 : Monday-Friday 4:00pm-6:00pm
Gibbons Street Elementary
1860 E. GIbbons Street, Bartow, 33830 : Monday-Thursday 3:00pm-5:30pm
4th Wahneta Steet E. Winter Haven, 33880 : Monday-Thursday 2:45pm-5:15pm
1851 Laurel Avenue, Poinciana, 34759 : Monday-Thursday 3:00pm-5:30pm
315 Palmetto Street, Poinciana, 34759 : Monday-Thursday 3:00pm-5:30pm
The purpose of After-School Adventures, funded by the federal 21st Century Community Learning Centers grant program, is to establish or expand community learning centers that operate during out-of-school hours with three specific purposes:
- Provide academic enrichment, including tutorial services to help students meet state and local student performance standards in core academic subjects such as reading and mathematics.
- Offer students a broad array of additional services, such as positive youth development activities, drug and violence prevention programs, counseling programs, art, music, recreation programs, technology education programs and character education programs to reinforce and complement the regular academic program.
- Offer families of students served by 21st CCLC programs opportunities related to literacy and educational development. .
What's Your Mindset?
After-School Adventures uses Model Elliciting Activities published by the Florida Deparment of Education as our academic, problem-based learning curriculum.Topics/lessons are based on the new Florida ELA and Math standards as well as the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards for Science. In addition, this year, we are incorporating a variety of fun and interesting PBL lessons from NextLesson.
Please visit CPALMS for a wide array of academic resources used by Florida teachers that are easily adapatable for home use.
The purpose of the Advisory Council is to monitor program progess, determine areas of need, and provide resources to the program. The 21st Century After-School Adventures Advisory Council will meet at least quarterly. All parents, stakeholders and community members are invited to join the Advisory Council. Email Noreta Bish for more information.
Year 4 Summative Evaluation
Loughman Oaks and Polk City
2016-2017 Summative Report Grant A
Year 2 Summative Evaluation
Garner and Lewis Anna Woodbury
2016-2017 Summative Report Grant B
21st Century Grant Applications
Loughman Oaks and Polk City Grant Application Narrative
Lewis Anna Woodbury and Garner Grant Application Narrative
Gibbons Street and Wahneta Grant Application Narrative
Laurel Palmetto and Lake Marion Creek Middle Grant Application Narrative
Contact Site Coordinators for program information at your childs' school:
- Lewis-Anna Woodbury Elementary, contact Mary Villarreal
- Loughman Oaks Elementary, contact Anthony Green
- Garner Elementary, contact TBD
- Polk City Elementary, contact Janet Aguilar
- Lake Marion Creek Middle, contact Jeanette Rios
- Gibbons Street, contact Gwendolyn Ford
- Wahneta, contact Julie Thomas
- Laurel, contact Trisha Clark, Melinda Kiddle
- Palmetto, contact Amy Worthington, Tamara Parry
October 5, 2017