Keyword for this page: Enroll

If you are new to Polk County, please take some time to browse this website as it offers a vast amount of information. Parents and guardians have two choices for beginning the enrollment process:

  • Gather the necessary documents below and visit the school your student is zoned for to obtain a paper enrollment packet
  • Gather the necessary documents below and use the Parent Portal to initiate the registration process electronically, then visit the school to complete the process

If you wish to use the electronic process through the Parent Portal to save some time in the registration process, please follow these instructions:

  • Visit the Parent Portal at
  • Log in using your existing Parent Portal account –or- create an account if you do not already have one.
  • Click the menu item titled “Pre-Registration,” then follow the on-screen prompts.
  • If you need assistance with the use of Parent Portal to pre-register your student, please contact the Polk County Schools IST Help Desk at 863-519-8040 or

Additionally, the Parents section of this website is geared specifically towards parents and offers access to Online Grades, Bus Delays and Required Immunizations, while the Schools section offers a listing of all the schools, a profile page on each school and a link to each school’s website.

The following documents are required to enroll in a Polk County school:

  • A certified birth certificate
  • Immunization record (Immunization 680 Form)
  • A physical dated within one year, if first time in a Florida school
  • Two proofs of residence
  • Upon initial enrollment in a school, the student or parent must produce two current (dated within 90 days) documents reflecting the correct residential street address. Post office boxes, private mail box addresses or commercial establishment addresses are insufficient. Examples of acceptable documents reflecting name and residential street addresses are as follows:

    • Current Apartment or home lease agreement (with the signature page of the lease where both tenant and landlord have signed), mortgage document, property tax record, rent receipt, home owners insurance
    • Current utility bill (electric, gas, water), cable, home or cell phone bill
    • Current Voter registration document, State of Florida identification card
    • Current Proof of government benefits (disability, Medicare, food stamps, Department of Children and Families (DCF) correspondence)
    • Current Florida driver’s license, automobile registration, automobile insurance

    • If any TWO of the documents listed above cannot be provided because the parent and student live with someone else, an Affidavit of Residence may be used. The Affidavit of Residence must be notarized by a notary public of the State of Florida. Two proofs of residence from the owner/lease holder who signs the form will be needed. You must obtain the Request for Temporary Assignment and Affidavit of Residence from the zone school.

      Not sure what school is in your zone? Search for Schools in Your Area here.


Please contact Student Services at 863-534-0958 if you have any questions.


Enroll Your Child After a Natural Disaster

If you are enrolling a student due to a natural disaster, your student will be enrolled immediately even if the required documents cannot be produced for enrollment. A student in a homeless situation shall be given temporary exemption to the medical enrollment requirements for 30 school days (1003.21(4)(a-g) F.S.).

Polk County Public Schools’ Hearth Project is a program that ensures the educational rights of and provides support for students that have lost housing and are experiencing homelessness. Hearth is able to assist with the following items, while supplies last: school uniforms, school supplies, hygiene items, shoe vouchers, clothes, etc. Please contact the Homeless Liaison, Dee Dee Wright, at 863-534-0755 or 863-534-0801, for potential assistance.

Para instrucciones de como matricular su niño después de un desastre natural, haga clic aquí.